Summer is Coming. Tips to Keep Employees Cool.
The extreme temperatures of the summer are just around the corner. As a valued reader of ours, we wanted to share a few ideas to help you keep your employees as cool and safe as possible in the heat.
Heat can cause severe illness, including heatstroke, heat exhaustion, cramps, fainting and more. All of which are detrimental to the health of your employees, and your business.
While there aren't yet any strict OSHA guidelines when it comes to heat standards, here are a few things you can consider doing to keep your employees cool and safe in the extreme heat of a California Summer.
- Keep employees hydrated. Provide water stations or purchase large coolers to keep water available for employees when they need it.
- Give frequent breaks. A short rest in major heat gives bodies a chance to cool themselves. And, also offer a chance for more water.
- Help them stay cool. Provide cool, wet towels or fans available throughout the workplace so employees can cool themselves off.
- Treat them right. Perhaps a treat day with ice cream on the shop floor or another cool treat will give employees a break, and a great distraction from the heat.
- Consider Specialty garments. Depending on the work being done, employees may be able to wear moisture wicking or cooling uniform shirts. Even a more casual branded company T-shirt instead of a traditional uniform work shirt could be a nice break on a 100-degree day.
Our goal is to help you provide quality and proactive employee uniform programs, with garment options to keep your employees looking good and feeling great, no matter the weather.